Bookings & Lettings
The primary purpose of our Church premises is for worship and other church activities but in addition, Stokesley Methodist Church is committed to offering the premises as a community resource, in line with its own mission statement, priorities and beliefs. We welcome use of the buildings by groups of all faiths and none, where the purpose of hire does not conflict with our own Christian faith and belief.
A significant proportion of our church income is generated by lettings, and we value each and every user. The Church Council has approved a ‘Bookings and Lettings Policy & Conditions for use of Church Premises’ and has delegated responsibility for implementing and managing these to the Bookings Secretary, Lesley Jackson (contact details below).
Our attitude towards an application for the use of our premises will be a positive one. We will seek to encourage appropriate organisations to use the premises for meetings and activities, where such meetings are complementary to the Church’s regular activities. We will not, however, accept bookings for activities which are in conflict with the Christian Gospel and the church’s Vision Statement.
No acts of worship, other than Christian worship, are permitted on the premises.
Lettings will not interfere unduly with Church life. They will not normally be accepted if the premises are already booked for a Church event – you can see availability by looking at our monthly calendar on the Stokesley Methodist Church website (‘What’s On’ tab)
The Hirer must be a responsible adult over the age of 21. Stokesley Methodist Church will not hire out the premises for any parties which will involve large groups of teenagers or young adults between the ages of 13 – 21. Out of respect to other users and our neighbours surrounding the premises, lettings will not normally be taken for events likely to create noise or other nuisance to our neighbours.
Where children, young people and vulnerable adults are concerned, Stokesley Methodist Church will only hire out the premises to people and organisations who comply with the safeguarding requirements, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions, and provide evidence to that effect.
Stokesley Methodist Church will normally charge per hour for the use of the premises by external organisations. Hire charges are reviewed on a regular basis and will be communicated to regular hirers one month before the new charges are applied. Current rates of charge are as follows:
Main Church – £35 per hour
Church Hall – £25 per hour
Bookings of the premises will be administered by the Bookings Manager on behalf of Stokesley Methodist Church. This includes the acceptance and declining of bookings in consultation with the Church Council & the Finance & Property Committee. The Incumbent will act as final arbiter if required.
Stokesley Methodist Church has appointed Lesley Jackson as the Bookings Manager.
The Bookings Manager can be contacted by:
Telephone – 07837178938
In person – by arrangement
There are four separate areas in the refurbished church available for use, depending on the needs of the hirer:
1. The Main Sanctuary which benefits from flexible seating and removable furniture, AV facilities for large screen projection, sound system, etc.
2. The Main Sanctuary has a small kitchen with facilities for preparing drinks and snacks.
3. The Front Porch has an accessible toilet with baby changing.
4. The Heritage Room (leading from the Main Sanctuary) which can serve as a ‘Green Room’ or be used for small meetings not requiring technology.
As well as the main Church, the Church Hall at the rear of the premises is available for one-off bookings eg wedding and funeral refreshments etc. or for regular licensed classes eg Keep Fit groups.
Please refer to the documents below which you need to be aware of:
- Booking Form which includes the Schedule for Terms and Conditions. This must be completed and returned to the Bookings Officer before a Booking can be confirmed – View
- The Stokesley Methodist Church Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults’ Policy – View
- The ‘Guest Wi-Fi Acceptable Use Policy’ – View
- The ‘Managing Trustees’ Privacy Notice which provides information about how we use and look after your personal details (The Methodist Church respects your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information) – View
Both these documents (3 & 4) are kept in the vestry office and are available for you to read or can be provided as a hard copy should you prefer.