Covenant Service (10:30am)
Today is our Covenant Service & will be led by Rev Andrew Robinson. It will be streamed online on our Youtube channel from 10.15am.
At the start of the new year Methodists make a distinctive resolution.
The covenant service, often celebrated on the first Sunday of the year, is at the heart of Methodists’ devotion and discipleship, and their dedication in working for social justice. In the service the Church joyfully celebrates God’s gracious offer to Israel that “I will be their God and they shall be my people”.
Please remember that when the church is open for worship the number of people able to attend services is limited to the number of people we can safely contain within the worship space.
We are continuing to follow the recommendations for maintaining a safe & comfortable environment for our worship time.
The basic rules are:
- Please stay at home if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please wear a face mask to safeguard yourself & others.
- Please enter by the front door so that we can record your name & contact number for ‘track & trace’ purposes. The side gate is exit only or for disabled access. If you do need to enter by the side gate, please make yourself known to the steward at the front door first.
- Please use the hand sanitiser as you enter & leave the church.
- Only people from the same Household or Support Bubble may sit together, while continuing to practice social distancing.
If you prefer to worship from home, please go to the Circuit Website & click on the ‘Worship at Home’ Logo.
On this page you will find the links to any recorded services provided by the ministers or local preachers for the coming Sunday.
This mornings service will also be streamed online today at 10.15am on the Stokesley Methodist Church YouTube channel (use Google search).
If you want to follow the service at your usual worship time you know that you are joining with friends in their homes at the same time.
There will also be a morning service from the Great Ayton Methodist Church on its YouTube channel each Sunday at 10.30 am.
In addition, each week we are provided with a worship sheet from District which you can find on the ‘Worship at Home’ page & which is also available to download from the link on the Weekly Notices page.